Wednesday, January 11, 2006

After One Week...

Reflections on my new roommate:

  • He has poor taste in music (which he listens to far too quietly to necessitate the amount of electronics he keeps on his desk).

  • He keeps the overhead lights on to use his computer…as if the glowing screen weren’t enough light to see (the screen) by.

  • He keeps me from listening to any rap or hip hop (which he considers offensive if it has the word “hell” in it)

  • He is always here…always

  • He speaks Spanish on the phone very loudly and animated so he can keep up the language skills he learned on his mission…I think I’m going to start keeping a tally of how many times I hear the word “Mormon” mixed in with the Spanish as it seems to be his only topic of conversation.

  • He takes an hour to dress on Sunday mornings before I wake up…and turns on the light to do so…and uses a loud electric razor as opposed to a blade (which wouldn’t wake me).

  • He sets multiple alarms which he lets go off (much earlier than I’d like to wake up) and lets them ring until I wake up completely to say, “Mike!”

Oh how I yearn for the days of roommates past…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home