Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Elizabeth Warren!!

I'm no economist. I need to learn more. But, from what I do know, I know the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is a great idea, long overdue, and that tapping Elizabeth Warren to head it is also way beyond its time. Hopefully Dodd doesn't do anything to block this.

A side note--why is it that so many ex-Republican Congressmen, White House Staff, Cabinet members etc. endorse the steps Obama has taken, but not one CURRENT Congressman has. There are really only two options (this isn't, I don't think, a false dilemma, I really think there are only two options):
1. Times have changed so drastically that there is an ideological split between Republicans of two years ago and those of today--including within the ideology of individual Congressmen who have been serving longer than two years.
or

2. Current Republican Congressmen care nothing for their own ideology but only for the political gain to be had from saying "No." This would explain why people who are no longer in power can say they agree with something while those currently in power have to tow the line on "No."

I won't say which I think is true, but you're more than welcome to guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home