Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Defense Travel System

Only in the Army (at least, I think only in the Army since I've never done anything else for work) do they send you away for two weeks and expect you to front the cash for it. You see, that's how I travel...I go to Jordan or Arizona or DC (where I am now) and then, a few weeks later, when they've decided it is long enough, they pay me back. This sounds awesome, almost as though I don't need that money now. In fact, this is not the case. I do need the money now and, believe it or not, I can't really take a two thousand dollar hit to pay for a hotel I am sitting in right now.

Oh well...that was just me bitching really.

It's unfortunate the level of crap I've taken to writing on this thing. Back in the day when I could talk about my peers (who were students and not officers) and politics and all those other interesting things, I think I was more interesting.

1 Comments:

Blogger buckarooskidoo said...

Maybe a verboten subject, but what are you thinking about the Presidential choices? John McCain is military royalty; Barack is history-in-the-making.

For the record, the reimbursement scheme you are talking about there is something less than satisfactory.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home