Sunday, May 18, 2008

soldier issues...

I have my first "soldier issue"...that means where, instead of my technical job, I'm working with taking care of something a soldier did or didn't do. Normally these issues involve alcohol, cars, spouses etc. things that no boss in the civilian world would really involve himself in, but which Army leaders spend the majority of their time on. My first thought was...oh shit, I need to call Adam and ask what he'd do. My second thought was the sudden realization that, much like I went through when I lost my father, when someone is gone, he's gone forever.

So, now I'll have to deal with this on my own, using what I've learned, what I think I know, and the help of my NCO's. While I'm glad to have those resources, which should be enough, I really do wish I could call Dad or Adam or anyone else I know who's done this to ask their advice. Instead, I guess I'll just hope the outcome is something they can be proud of.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

I'm always tripped up by those moments like you describe, when someone's absence--beyond being sad--is just really inconvenient.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home