Monday, March 05, 2007

Senator Kerry's Revenge...

So, apparently, a major contributor to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (he gave $50,000 dollars to the group) is now up to be Ambassador to Belgium. Kerry had a chance to question him when what follows were said.

First, Fox, before answering a question, said;
And I am very concerned with the amount of money that's going into politics and I'm more concerned about the fact that politics has become mean and destructive. And, when I was interviewed in 2000, I said that I was very… I was for campaign finance reform because I felt that if less money was going into politics, it would turn the whole volume down.
(keeping in mind, he paid $50,000 for the ads after the group had already been debunked.

Second, he said;

Senator Kerry, I very much respect your dedicated service to this country. I know that you were not drafted -- you volunteered. You went to Vietnam. You were wounded. Highly decorated. Senator, you're a hero. And there isn’t anybody or anything that's going to take that away from you.

So, after saying there should be less money and contributions to politics, he donated 50k to a group that tore down Kerry, then went on to say that Kerry was a hero. Interesting enough to begin with, but it gets better. Kerry then asked why he gave the money if he didn't believe in the group. That's when the following interaction happened:

Fox: Mr. Senator, when we ask lots of people for lots of money and we're asked by people for lots of money, we just generally give. I mean, we know generally what it's used for and that's it.

Kerry: And you don’t know who asked you?

Fox: No, sir, I really don’t. I do not know who asked me. If you were to take my 1,000 contributions and go right down the list, I bet you I couldn’t give you five percent of them… Of who asked me.

Kerry: Do you recall whether it was somebody in Missouri? Was it a person? Was it by telephone?

Fox: I have no recollection.

Kerry: You have no recollection of how that came about?

Fox: No, sir.

Kerry: Do you recall thinking about it at all?

Fox: No more than that somebody must have asked and I gave.

Kerry: Why, no wonder so many people are here to embrace your [cause].

It goes on from there, but the video is here if you want to see it...well worth the watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home