Friday, March 02, 2007

Malalai Joya...

She is the youngest member of the Afghanistan Parliament who ran on a platform of democratic reform, women's rights and against participation by previous warlords. Her story is amazing and, when reading her interview, I realized how far removed I am from the world. What I mean by that is, I tend to consider myself "worldly" and open minded and knowledgable about international politics and the like. In reading her interview and watching her story, I realized not only how little I know, but how Ameri-centric my views really are. It's odd, really, to suddenly realize that my paradigm is as skewed as anyone elses, and that I will never really be able to see the world in any other way.
In any case, I highly reccomend you read her interview and watch the film clips here. Hopefully, I'll see the documentary soon.

"While we hate the war-mongering and criminal-fostering policies of the U.S. government, we feel, acknowledge and thank the sympathies and support of the U.S. people and learn from their humanism and dedication. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home