Sunday, February 25, 2007

100th night...

100 night before graduation, there is a banquet here for the seniors. The senior class also puts on a musical that it writes, directs and stars in. I did none of the above, but, I did watch, and it was hilarious. It's always full of inside jokes and songs "to the tune of" other more popular songs with new words.

After the banquet, most of the seniors in my company and I took a party bus from WP to the city. On the way, we consumed an amazingly large amount of alcohol and danced while holding onto the subway-like bars placed for those revelers who so felt the urge to dance while standing on a moving bus.

So many drinks were spilled on me that, while I maintained my Lenten promise not to get drunk (I figure a 3 drink maximum is good), I smelled like a drunk when we finally got to the city.

In other news, a large number of my friends are now getting engaged. I think it's because Post Night (when we find out where we go after graduation...I'm going to Ft. Hood in Texas in case anyone didn't know yet) was on Wednesday. It was interesting, seeing cadets with their girlfriend/boyfriend or fiancees there. After we chose where we go, I was walking back to barracks behind a friend of mine with his fiance. He had his arm around her and they seemed so happy, planning the life they'd lead together...and it all started that night really.

Likewise, 100th night weekend. My friends, some of whom are dating or engaged, are all realizing that our time of careless fun is nearly over, and that our group would soon be disbanded and sent to various places around the world. In ten years, when we all get together again, my friends husbands and wives, who weren't cadets while we were here, are still such a huge part of our experience. They've been here for Ring Weekend, Affirmation, Post Night, Branch Night, Graduation, and every other high and low point throughout our cadet careers...when we look back, they'll be a part of West Point too, and West Point a part of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home