Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Nina Simone...again

I was listening to Nina Simone again, just sitting here waiting for class. Every once in a while, her songs just hit me...this time was one of them. I love when that happens. When you suddenly hear a whole meaning behind a song, not just the beat, or the chorus, but the whole song has more meaning than it did just two minutes before. It's amazing. Anyway (and I know this is really getting into 17 yr old emo-girl style blogging), but here are the lyrics to the song I was listening to(minus the last verse which I didn't like as much):

And I wish I knew how
It would feel to be free
I wish that I could break
All the chains holding me
I wish I could say
All the things that Id like to say
Say em loud say em clear
For the whole round world to hear
I wish I could share
All the love thats in my heart
Remove every doubt
It keeps us apart
And I wish you could know
What it means to be me
Then youd see and agree
Every man should be free

I wish I could live

Like Im longin to live
I wish I could give
What Im longin to give
And I wish I could do
All the things Id like to do
You know theyll still miss part of you
Yes sir...
And Im way way over due

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home