Monday, March 27, 2006

Immigration and the Press...

I wrote before about the Immigration Law, and I just read another article (thanks for pointing it out Alex). It's one of those times where I thought, "Hell yeah I'm Catholic!" Ha ha, sometimes, the Church acts in ways that are just awesome. Cardinal Mahoney, someone who has his problems (have you ever set foot inside the new Cathedral?) has instructed the preists of his dioscese they are to ignore the law were it to pass. Friggen right! Interestingly, the Republicans are still holding the line that Hillary "does not know the first thing about the bible." Seems Cardinal Mahoney might disagree on that one.

Every breif we have here now, some jack-ass cadet stands up and asks some variant of the question, "Is the media hurting" or "Why don't they tell the good stories?" I shake my head in disgust and about half the cadets nod in agreement and echo with "amen brother!" (OK, that doesn't happen, but it might as well.) I have thought the media is doing a good job, and, if anything, aren't critical enough of the war. There was this interesting interview with a reporter I found online today that really articulated well what I was thinking.

As another blogger put it:
It's ridiculous that anyone in our media is entertaining the notion seriously the charge that they're underreporting all the great stuff that's happening in Iraq. As someone who experienced the civil war in Lebanon, Peter Daou understands that while life goes on in the midst of such things the news it not in fact that "life goes on" - it's that 30 people were beheaded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home