Saturday, March 25, 2006

Fair And Balanced...

So when I was passing time durring an inspection, I came across a mediamatters article about Senator Clinton and Fox News. Apparently, there's a bill titled Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act going through the Senate that she's opposed to because of the following language:
assists, encourages, directs, or induces a person to reside in or remain in the United States, or to attempt to reside in or remain in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such person is an alien who lacks lawful authority to reside in or remain in the United States.

Lest one think she's crazy, Cardinal Mahoney specifically spoke out against the bill as well becauase simply offering someone food, if he's an illegal immigrant, would subject someone to a five year penalty. Most Catholic Charities for immigrants would be illegal also. So, Senator Clinton said the bill:
would literally criminalize not only every nondocumented immigrant in our country but every person who helped, assisted, reached out [or] otherwise responded in a humanitarian way to the needs of immigrants.

It is certainly not in keeping with my understanding of the Scripture, because this bill would literally criminalize the Good Samaritan and probably even Jesus himself


So, Senator Clinton says a law that makes charity toward illegal immigrants illegal seems un-Christian...how does Fox "News", which we all know is fair and balanced, put it?

Ah ha ha ha, "Hillary: Jesus wants illegal immigrants in America." Wow! I don't even want her to run, but holy hell what a rise it would give me to see her run and win simply because all the nuts hate her so much.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

I think I heard something about that bill on the radio a while ago. I say I "think" I did because I was under the impression that it was just in California, which makes me doubt my grasp on the facts. Anyway, they were talking about how some Catholic priests were telling their congregations to disobey the law if it passes. So that was the NPR coverage of it.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home