Sunday, March 26, 2006

Dad...

A friend forwarded me an email that I responded to last night and it was from his father. It was short, just a sentence or two, and simply signed, "Dad". It's wierd...I opened the email this morning and, knowing it was just a forward, my heart kind of sunk.

Last night, driving with a friend and I almost asked, "so, do you still think about your dad a lot?" and then I realized that his dad hadn't died...mine did. I wonder when that kind of stuff stops happening...probably never I guess. I still kind of freak myself out sometimes when I see things like my dad's handwriting flowing from my pen, or his poor jokes coming from my mouth...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Every time I look down and see my own feet in worn out Birkenstock clogs I get a little dizzy. I ran into my English teacher, Mr. Raymond, at the grocery store a while ago. He told me his parents died young, and he said it gets worse, not better over time, that each year he wishes more that he could tell them, "Look, I made it." Which sounds grim, but closer to the truth than a lot of things I hear.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It didn't really cross my mind when i sent it. I'm sorry I triggered such a bad memory.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home