Sunday, March 26, 2006

Dinner and Madeline Albright...





The E3 Cows went to dinner last night to celebrate Michael C. Ballmann's 20th birthday and hang out with good people. TGIF's was kind enough to seat 25 of us, which took a bit of planning, and overall, we had a good time. I got a little drunk and I'm not sure, but I think my last drink cost twenty dollars...or maybe that was part of my dream.

Yvonne paid for our meal with about 22 credit cards...they were happy about that.

Crazy D (or D-Block) lived up to his nickname cause he's...well...crazy.

Another fine picture ruined by Mikey B's crazy ass faces...

And the end of the night...I love these guys, I really do-

Anyway, onto Madeline...

She wrote an Op-Ed in the LA Times that is quite well written and gives me a lot of hope that at least someone seems to "get it". I wish I had been older when she was Secretary of State, so I could better evaluate her job. I do remember, vaguely, thinking the Rwanda thing didn't go so hot, but that's about all I can remember. Anyway, this is what she had to say:

THE BUSH administration's newly unveiled National Security Strategy might well be subtitled "The Irony of Iran." Three years after the invasion of Iraq and the invention of the phrase "axis of evil," the administration now highlights the threat posed by Iran — whose radical government has been vastly strengthened by the invasion of Iraq. This is more tragedy than strategy, and it reflects the Manichean approach this administration has taken to the world.

It is sometimes convenient, for purposes of rhetorical effect, for national leaders to talk of a globe neatly divided into good and bad. It is quite another, however, to base the policies of the world's most powerful nation upon that fiction. The administration's penchant for painting its perceived adversaries with the same sweeping brush has led to a series of unintended consequences.

The article is great and should be read...so...click...read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home