Thursday, March 23, 2006

Athiests...

I just stumbled across this article today and it cracked me up...I don't know why, but it did. I finished reading "Freethinkers" a book about the history of athiests, agnostics and...well...freethinkers, in America, from Thomas Jefferson to modern day, and it was inspiring, to say the least. I'm not an athiest, at least, if I were, I'd be about as orthodox an athiest as I am an orthodox christian...but, I do relate to them. Anyway, this was the money quote I think:
The researchers also found acceptance or rejection of atheists is related not only to personal religiosity, but also to one’s exposure to diversity, education and political orientation—with more educated, East and West Coast Americans more accepting of atheists than their Midwestern counterparts.

I'm absolutely convinced that I need to start a school of progressives in the south. Education is the key to conversion and goddamned if I'm gonna let the BYU's and Bob Jone's of the world claim a monopoly on huge areas of the country. Ha ha, whoa...that's gonna come back and haunt me when I run for president never...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home