Tuesday, April 27, 2010

beauty missing

When I was in San Diego, I would sometimes drive an hour out of my way home from work to stop by the beach and watch the sunset. I had a place that I used to climb at was situated on a hill. If you looked out, you could see between two mountains all the way to the ocean.

DLI offered me a place to sit on the Harbor. The squid boats would float on the fog with their sails unfurled and look magical as Adam and I smoked cloves.

At West Point, there was Kosciuszko's Garden. I'd look out over the Hudson at barges going down the river in the dark and see the trains going to and coming from New York City.

I don't have a beautiful place in Killeen. I haven't had a place beautiful to sit in quite some time and I'm beginning to think it's actually affecting me. I don't know for sure, but when I was climbing last weekend and I saw the river, I just felt so good seeing something beautiful for a moment even. I only wish I could go there daily to be alone with something beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home