Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Vegas Baby...Vegas

So the day I got to Disneyland, I called my family in California to find out if we could get together for dinner. I was told, however, that dinner would not be possible because my grandma is sick and has possibly terminal cancer. I sold my tickets to Army/Navy and gave away my hotel rooms and booked a flight to Vegas, where I am now.

There is a horrible sense of deja vu as I go through Oncology again with my grandma. The same feelings I felt six years ago when my father was sick. The same family is here by my side and the same annoyances and comforts that come with them again. I'm sitting in the hallway now, waiting to hear what the outcome is and hoping against hope that this Christmas, we'll all still be together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home