Monday, October 01, 2007

Kasporov v. Ventura...


OK, again I venture slightly into politics. I was reading this article about Russian politics, specifically about how the chess player, Kasparov, is running against Putin. While it was an interesting article in its own right, I tend to be a bit Ameri-centric and relate everything to what I know (which is American politics). While the obvious comparison would be to Thomspon who is also running for President, I think the more adequate comparison would be to Jesse "the Body" Ventura running for office back when I was just out of high school. I figure, chess in Russia is about as famous (actually, probably more so) as wrestling is here. So, it kind of sucks...Russia gets a super-smart chess champion, we get...this guy.

(The caption that came with this picture read, "Jesse Ventura believes that Ryan Iverson's youth would prevail in a WWF Steel Cage Match.")

1 Comments:

Blogger moville said...

This is one "celebrity" candidate who is serious about what's wrong with Russia. Jesse V. couldn't hold a candle to him. Kasparov needs to watch his back, though. People who criticize or challenge Putin keep ending up dead in brazen murders or "accidents," or sentenced to 20 years of hard labor...that was the punishment meted out to the Bill Gates of Russia.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home