Sunday, September 23, 2007

Food...

I live in a hotel room. This means I have no stove or oven, but I do have a microwave, a coffee pot and a refridgerator. What does this mean for what I eat? I means that for the first three weeks or so, I was only able to eat easy-mac and pizza pockets because I didn't know how to cook. I make delicious sandwiches and ate those for lunch and dinner for a very long while.



That is, ladies and gentlemen, until I bought Gretta. That's the name I just came up with for my Black and Decker skillet. She was 19.99 at Target and has saved my life. I started out taking some advice from Tim and making shrimp tacos. Those were pretty good other than I reccomend to anyone else not to get pre-cooked shrimp...poor decision there. But, grill the shrimp with a little jalepeno and then add tomato, cilantro and avocado...delicious.
A few days later, my friends Kelsey and Jacob came over and we decided to attempt chicken fajitas on Gretta. We sliced some chicken, red and yellow bell peppers, a bit of jalepeno, a portabello mushroom and we soon had one of the best meals I've ever eaten in my room. I also got pretty drunk though, so watch how much you drink while you cook or you could end out drunk on a Thursday night completely accidentally.


Tonight, I am attempting greek salad, grilled asparagus and pork chops. I was going to do an entirely vegan meal, but have to wait until payday to pick up some of the herbs and stuff I want.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Oh, you could make omelets! I personally have never made a successful omelet, but I bet you could, esp. if Gretta is nonstick. The tacos look great. I'm still trying to figure out what the "delicious red stuff" was that I put in a salad. Was it crunchy? Maybe it was bacon. That's delicious, and somewhat red.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Heather P said...

Umm... ok where is the entry about your fantabulous weekend in San Diego where you danced at a ghetto club with Nellie and me and slept on my couch? That's some quality blog material. :-)

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home