Thursday, September 27, 2007

That Crazy Mitt....

I realize it was the shortest lived hiatus in history, but I cannot help but write about this latest political...thing. But, I figure if I stay away from endorsing candidates or talking about national security or anything slightly related to the military, the fact I'm an officer can't really have much effect. No one, I assume, who reads this will think "Hmm...he's a military officer, so his views on agriculture in Oklahoma must have more weight."

In any case, last night the democrats talked about a children's book and that made Mitt Romney angry. So, today, he wrote the following on his website:

We need to strengthen our families by passing a federal marriage amendment and also insisting on marriage before having children.

ha ha, yes! Just when you thought the wingnuts couldn't get any wingier, now one of the front-runners in the presidential election is openly calling for federal legislation insisting on marriage before having children. I wonder what kind of great ideas he has for enforcing that? Maybe we could tie the tubes of all pre-pubescent girls and then, when they get married, we could untie them? Hmm...this one's giving me some things to think about, you know, logistically and all.

2 Comments:

Blogger moville said...

Your cheerful skepticism becomes you...I don't really associate that with army officers. i kind of think of them exclusively in terms of "hooah," things being All Good or All Bad. I like having my stereotypes blasted.

btw, agreed on mitt and sanctimonious prattle about marriage. i actually think he's a capable guy, but he didn't help himself in the Serious department with this non-sequitir.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

Chastity belts--the new trend for fall. Or child marriage, obvi.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home