Thursday, October 04, 2007

Beta Fish...

I won a Beta Fish tonight. I am naming it Alpha because I don't know if it's a man or a woman fish and I think it's ironic. I am also calling its tank, which is in reality just a small glass painted cheaply and talentlessly painted with a flower, "the Octagon". I figure it's a fighting fish, so it's fitting. Does anyone know if I feed it and how often to clean the Octagon? It has a bamboo shoot growing out of it, so I don't know if it's one of those bio-sphere type things or not. Oh, and if someone wants to fish-sit Alpha while I go home this weekend, that'd be great.

Oddly, I've already grown attached to Alpha...it's only been about an hour or so, but uh...I think we're getting along well. I will post pictures when I find my damn camera.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a Betta fish for almost 2 years when I was at DLI, and he was still living when I left...gave him to a roommate.

Don't overfeed him, he won't eat it and it'll just make the tank a filthy mess. I usually did it every other day.

The tank should be cleaned every couple of weeks...maybe once a month.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Geoff said...

Hey, your branch has been blessed with the addition of Bobbie McGlaughlin. She's going to a reserve intel unit in Washington. Lucky you!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

beta fish have suicidal tendancies. my beta fish tried to kill itself...twice. so use cation when cleaning the Octagon, that's when they try to go for it.

10:01 AM  
Blogger beth said...

dont over feed it! i loved morimoto too much and he died :(

he was a good fish, a good friend..

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home