Tuesday, December 19, 2006

First of Two...

This will be my first post tonight of two...they are unrelated other than I will write them both tonight, and they will both probably be 1. overly emotional 2. rambling and 3. long. For all those, I apologize.

Well, come to think of it, this one will probably not be number 1 on the list.

My mom's boyfriend does a lot of work around the house...in fact, the house hasn't ever looked as good as it does now. That does not go, however, for the family room, which is now a game-room filled to over-capacity with a shit-ton of toys and random crap he's collected over the years (I know it's random because one of the items on proud display is a plaque I wont last year for first place in a team 10k which I told them to throw away. I realize an optimistic way to view this is that he's simply irrationally proud of me, but even that points at some level of craziness). Anyway, my point is, I don't want to discredit the work he's done on the house, which, as I said, is substantial.

I am beginning to realize, however, that I may have been the only giving him too much credit for the work he's done on the house while overlooking the numerous ways in which his behavior and conduct is incredibly self-centered and selfish.

Take, for example, today. His car broke down on the way home to Arizona and, since he probably doesn't have insurance or AAA (<-unsubstantiated by anything but a guess on my part), he called my mom to pick him up and drive him to Arizona...right now. She, of course, went.

I'm not surprised, but I am upset as that leaves me here, alone, without a car...in Fallbrook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home