Friday, December 15, 2006

Ignant Christmas...

I'm sitting at the airport right now at 630 in the morning. I had my last final a little over twelve hours ago, and I'm not quite sure how that went. (as a side note...if you travel, "carry on" doesn't mean anything you can carry. Common decency would say, as overheads are shared space, bring something small and pack the rest of your shit away. I hate those people, like the two I'm looking at right now, who have more bags to carry on than I have checked).

Anyway, after my final, I went to the trunkroom where we store all our things when we're away, to drop off my last uniform and leave. It's kind of like a communal garage, but more organized. Apparently, my Officer in charge didn't like the way we had it "organized" (imagine trying to more 15 people out, on various schedules, with no communication between the 15 of you, and how your garage would look after that). He had moved all our things into the hallway and told me that, until it was organized, I couldn't leave.

Thank God for Kelsea, the girl who was going to give me a ride to the airport. She came and helped me re-pack the room and then the two of us took off to NYC. Our flights left at 5 and 8 in the morning, so we decided to spend a night in New York enjoying the Christmas wonderfulness. We ate at Benihana's (where some party next to us got very upset they didn't get enough shrimp, blamed it on the fact they were black and "ignant" and then said, about us, that "that table of cuacasians wont even look us in the eye anymore cause they don't care about us black folk." I almost said something to them, but instead let it slide. Apparently, I'm now a caucasian who doesn't care about "black folk"...lady's nuts!)

From there we went to Rockefeller Center, Times Square and tried to catch a movie. We were too late, so we got some coffee and drove to the airport, where I find myself now. All things considered, it was a nice trip, and having all the time in the world to get to the airport was a nice change of pace from the week of deadlines and finals and craziness before.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hey adam, tell me...is it depressing to spend your time writing about your life to find that nobody leaves a comment?
it saddens me, so I read your witty blog and thought I would leave a comment.

Ummm, it was witty.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Francesca said...

omg, i can't believe you don't care about black ppl ADAM! ;)

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home