Saturday, December 09, 2006

bridges and balloons

Hopes and memories seem to be all that's sustaining me right now. I don't know if that makes sense, but I took some time tonight to take stock of what I have and where I am and that's the conclussion I've come to.

Most often, when I think about what I'm doing with myself, I start with, "When I get out of the Army..." I know that's not the "right answer" and I know a lot of people here would either tell me I'm not giving it a chance or that I don't know what the future holds, but it's true. My dad always talked about after retirement...until he died, and I don't want that to be me...but it looks like the road I'm set to travel.

When I think of relationships, I think of people passed...people I knew and loved and people lost. I have friends here who I've grown amazingly close with, Doobs and Koz and Troy and all the others...but when it comes to any semblance of a love life, all I have is what's passed.

And thus...the memories of things passed and the hope of the future is what gets me through today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home