Monday, February 13, 2006

Ignorant Fuckers...

I know this post might seem a bit random at first, but try and follow me as I explain my thoughts.

I mentioned this morning, as my friend talked about crashing his car in the snow, that I'm probably going to get a Beetle. My aunt has one in her garage she hasn't driven since her husband died in '79 and it's in good condition. My pops used to drive one and my mom's boyfriend is working on one at my house right now...it's a nice car with good gas mileage, great style and a lot of memories. It's a nice ride for single folk (like myself) and I think I'd be happy in one. Now, of the people I've told, I've either gotten the thumbs up "Yeah, that's perfect!" or a look of digust. Now, I realize cars, like music or books, are a matter of taste (and thus, I can discount anyone who disagrees) so, I don't mind too much that not everyone thinks it's a cool car. What bothers me, however, is the reason for the dislike...

Most people (three) who have said they don't like it have given me some lame reason like, "you'll never get laid" or some other reason that makes it very obvious they've still got high school, "But what will people think?" mentalities. They're the same people who skoff and give dirty looks to people with mohawks (which I once had) or think that any girl who doesn't cheerlead or guy who doesn't want to play football simply aren't people...

Yes, this is a gross over generalization, but I sat around in all my free time and thought about the three who reacted the way they did and came to the conclussion that was their common denominator. I hate fuckers like that...you know, the ones who take a high school mentality and project it forward through the rest of their lives. I hope to God they don't reproduce.

Speaking of God, I went to Mass yesterday and, for the first time in my life, had a priest who was my age or younger. Wierd. Anyway, back to my point...I'm getting a Beetle...it's going to kick some mad ass and you all will be jealous...oh so jealous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home