Friday, January 06, 2012

900 and the "Gay Lifestyle"

There are two things I would like to convey. One is a post and one is an announcement:
1. My last post was number 900 on blogger! Wow...who knew?

2. The actual post relating to the title of this post "The Gay Lifestyle"-
There is a theory called, "Queer Theory" that you can google, but which I am not discussing here. What I would like to discuss is the idea that Santorum has that there is some homogeneous "gay lifestyle" that is assaulting (or can be assaulted) "normal" life--ie. HIS life.

There is not. There are as many gay lifestyles as there are gays. Add to that Lesbian lifestyles, bi lifestyles, trans lifestyles, hetero lifestyles and you catch my drift--it's as ridiculous to call something a "gay lifestyle" as it is to call something a "straight lifestyle".  Why? Because I have straight friends who are in their fifties, not married and living on a boat and I have straight friends who are married and in an open relationship and I have straight friends who are single and living in apartments trying to eek out a living and straight friends who are married with several kids living in Utah in houses larger than I can even fathom right now. 

Everyone chooses for him or herself what lifestyle they want.

So, what's the "gay lifestyle" that Peter and I choose?

Well, right now, he works (a lot), takes care of our fish, Gus, and will soon be picking up our dog, Buddy, from his mom's house in Vermont. The odds are he'll stop at his Aunt's house to say hello to her and his uncle and wish her well on her breast cancer recovery and may or may not swing by his sister's college to grab a slice of pizza. He'll pack up soon and move here to Kansas to be with me and our other dog, Bear.

Once he's here, we'll sort through our things with my Mom, who lives with us, and we'll figure out where we're headed next; one big gay-lifestyle family--a mother-in-law, two sons, two dogs and a fish named Gus.

In our spare time, we cook together (mom's teaching us to make salsa and I'm teaching Peter the finer art of cooking outside a crock pot), work on art projects (Peter draws well) and quilt--yes--quilt.

There you have it. Our radical assault on America.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ross said...

What you're failing to understand is that your unnatural and frankly 'icky' lifestyle choices devalue my totally straight marriage. Why? Because I said so that's why, and as a straight white male I get to write the rules.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Ross is right, Adam, oh beautiful boy. I, Miss C, a painfully straight woman, and a total failure at relationships all my life, should retain the right to tell others, especially men who love men and women who love women and vice versa, how to conduct their relationships. Do as I say and not as I do! Although Ross is totally wrong about your relationship being "icky." You and Pete are the epitome of all that is yummy!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Hey Adam, have you heard of these homoerotic manga books written by women and devoured by Asian teen girls?
http://www.yaoiprose.com/

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home