Thursday, September 29, 2011

artist friends, help me!

There are a few pieces of art in life that I can vividly remember encountering. Lavender Mist: Number 1 and Self Portrait at 17 Years Old are the two that continue to float around in my brain when my eyes are closed or the right chords are struck in a moving piece of music.

This morning, I saw an article about a building that will soon be built that is, in my opinion, quite ridiculous.  However, the sculpture the building it is based on has now caught my attention.  It is a black sculpted bust with a large piece of wood sticking through the face. I don't know why...but I have fallen in love with it.  Go figure. I cannot, however, find any more information about it other than the name, and only one other image online. 

If you know anything further about this piece, please let me know!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool piece. i don't know how much you found out about it. seems like it's a piece by sasha sosno aka alexandre joseph sosnowski titled LA PAILLE DANS L'ŒIL DU VOISIN.

More info here: http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/9/view/16684/sosno-rytis-daukantas-sosno-art-gallery-building.html

And here:http://www.artvalue.com/auctionresult--sosno-sacha-alexandre-sosnowsk-la-paille-dans-l-il-du-voisin-1573639.htm

cheers! lee h.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Yaicha Maus said...

The (mock) Head Of Italian High Renaissance Artist - Michaelangelo's David with a

Known as "Michelangelo's David" very well-known famous Italian High Renaissance sculture

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Yaicha Maus said...

...with a- piece of wood or metal running through it.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home