Tuesday, April 12, 2011

three posts...a preview

I have been thinking quite a lot lately. Three things have been on my mind, and I will eventually write about them in full. Here, however, is a preview:

  1. An email from a friend--a fellow West Point graduate--challenging me to be a better Officer. He is, like me, a fellow liberal, non-militant, non-combat arms, five-and-fly Officer, and as such, his challenge struck me quite directly where it hurts.

  2. I've been reminiscing about challenges and successess and have determined to write about those moments where I suddenly felt as though I'd overcome something and accomplished something in life--they are not moments you would expect.

  3. The budget.

And, with that, I leave you a quote from a politician.

Who the hell is for abortion? I don’t know anybody running around with a sign that says, “Have an abortion! They’re wonderful!” They’re hideous, but they’re a deeply intimate and personal decision, and I don’t think men legislators should even vote on the issue.


Then you’ve got homosexuality, you’ve got Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell. We have homophobes in our party. That’s disgusting to me. We’re all human beings.

And the politician who said this isn't from the party you'd think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home