Friday, August 01, 2008

quick update

So it's become clear I am slacking in posting with quite a bit worthy of writing about lately. I went to the field for two weeks where we supported a training mission for First Cav and, afterwards, fired my platoon sergeant. For those of you in the military (are there any who read this?) you know this is not a decision taken lightly. Until I have someone to replace him, I have to lean heavily on a soldier of lower rank, but I am comfortable doing so. The soldier who is acting Platoon Sergeant right now is extremely qualified and I have complete confidence in him. What I am worried about is the quality of the soldier who will replace him. I do not get to choose or vet the NCO's who may come to the company, so it is entirely possible that whomever comes next will be as bad or worse than the first...but I am hoping for the best.

In other news, my car stopped. I don't know which came first, the oil draining or the coolant draining, but in any case, the car was devoid of liquids and the engine seized. It is currently at the dealership and I am gathering cans to pay for whatever it is that is fixed...assuming it is fixable. If it is not, lord only knows what I'll do then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home