Saturday, February 09, 2008

I went to see a movie tonight then to a friend's house. There were six people there when I got there, four guys who went to West Point and two girls, one of whom is engaged to an old grad and one of whom was dating one. The conversation went as most of these do (What company were you in? What year were you? blah blah etc. etc...)

It was funny and interesting as I realized that, as I had expected when I graduated, I think in a lot of ways I'll only ever fully relate to other people who graduated from where I did. I guess that's expected of people with so many shared experiences, but watching the way it all went down just made me laugh. Only four minutes into the night, the four of us were in the kitchen drinking and the two girls, who did not go to WP, were standing on the side trying hard to pretend they knew what we were talking about.

And I wonder why people say we're arrogant?

2 Comments:

Blogger moville said...

It must be cool to be part of such a close-knit and exclusive fraternity/band of brothers and sisters. I read a comment by former army coach Bob Knight to the effect that it is in lots of ways a pain in the a-- to attend WP, but you'll never lack for good friends and common experiences thereafter.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell, I've been saying you're arrogant for years. :)

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home