Saturday, June 23, 2007

Make your own pinata...

So, once you've graduated from West Point, visited another country and several states and are preparing for a fiesta with free booze, loads of family and friends and lots of food, what exactly could make it better? Well, I decided a pinata in the shape of the Navy N-Star would do the trick. Following are photos to help you along the way toward making your very own N-Star pinata.
Necessary supplies: hanger, duct tape, scissors, elmers glue, cardboard tissue paper. Buying the tissue paper may prove to be the hardest part. Seeing Navy Blue and Gold in my cart together made me vomit a little in my mouth, but alas--I knew it was all for a good cause.
Cut the desired shape twice and tape the together with edges in between. Leave a hole for the candy or little bottles of liquor, depending upon the average age of those who will beat it.
Shape up the difficult parts with duct tape.
Starting at the bottom, glue lots of tissue paper to cover the cardboard.
Complete the pinata and enjoy...see how happy my mom is?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i am so impressed, way to go martha

11:39 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

All that experience with high school float decoration really shines through here. Wish I could have seen it in person!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home