Monday, November 13, 2006

When Food Rules...

This Sunday, I went to Brunch with Bonnie, a friend from High School. We went to a small Italian restaurant somewhere in south Manhattan. I couldn't find it again if I had a map. There were six of us around a small wooden table and we drank Mimosas by the pitcher. I had three "meals" including (but not limited to), truffle egg toast, prosciutto with fruit, and egg with thinly sliced pork (they said something about a sauce and random things about how the pig was raised, but I didn't know much about that). We stayed for about two hours talking and drinking and eating...it was amazing.

I also picked up two avocadoes when I was out. I ate one at breakfast in a breakfast sandwich and the other is currently added to my Turkey, Bacon and Swiss Cheese wrap. While I am no argricultural guro like Alex who can appreciate the variety in a lemon, I can tell you that I haven't had the unique taste of a ripe avocado in far too long. And, as I sit here listening to Neutral Milk Hotel and eating my wrap...I'm pretty damn happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home