Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Names and Beer...

I went to the firstie club tonight. I was sitting at a table with two guys from the prep school, Tim and another kid I kinda know. The kid I kinda know...well, I kinda took his seat. I offered to give it back and he said, "No no, sit down Andy." As he was giving me his seat, I didn't have the heart to correct him. My friend from prep, Nick, said, "Um...actually, it's Alex." Tim, looking a little bemused said, "Well...actually, it's Adam."

So, I guess I'm easily forgetable?

I've also quit drinking. Don't know how long that will last, but I figure it can't hurt me.

3 Comments:

Blogger TimFS4 said...

I think I want to start a betting pool on how long this "quitting drinking" lasts. I don't really see the motivation. There's a lot things that might not be bad for you, but that's not enough of a reason to do it.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for you Adam! Morality and the fitness of your liver for a particular purpose aside, think of all the money you'll save and conversations that will be more meaningful, especially if you drink in bars a lot.

I've quit drinking twice, and I made it the better part of a month (having intended to stop for a full month) on both occasions: the first time early in college, when I was suddenly wondering if I'd become an alcoholic, and the second time in preparation for my marathon this summer. I don't know how encouraging that sounds, but it's better than nothing...

I'd highly recommend finding a decent alternative beverage that is equally filling (good luck), AND preemptively planning your weekends so you don't find yourself with nothing but friends and beer in front of you for the evening.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Adam, I would just like to say that the art of crafting spirits is as old as civilization itself. To enjoy a drink with friends is to create and reaffirm community, and community is life. I cannot tell you how much of my most productive academic networking, with professors no less, has been over a pitcher of beer.

Now, if you think you have a real reason why you should stay away from alcohol, then I support you and let's talk. But otherwise...excercise moderation, by all means, but don't ask me to congradulate you for depriving yourself for sheer discipline's sake.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home