Saturday, November 18, 2006

Notre Dame and Thanksgiving

I am at Notre Dame right now for a glee club concert. Here are some high and low points...you decide which is which:
  • I'm missing three papers that are due the day I get back and have no internet to research.
  • We did a combined concert with their glee club, who are very good.
  • West Point changed the rules and you can't drink when you are on trips with the school regardless of how long the trip is, or to where.
  • Army is favored to lose by about a trillion points.
  • I hung out with cadets all night. (you haven't lived until you've seen USMA Cadets attempt to flirt with the civilian population...it's amazingly sad)

Onto Thanksgiving. One of my favorite officers, COL Zupan, always hosts the liberal/athiest/jewish cadets at his house for the holidays. He did the "Godless Easter" last year, and this year is doing a celebration of "Those Who Saved the Pilgrims" on Sunday after Thanksgiving where his wife will cook Indian Tacos and venison steaks. I love that man. Can't wait to get back to school to have a drink with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home