Friday, September 29, 2006

Grand Ol' Party...or Gay?

So...another Republican Congressman has been outed. After being alerted to emails and IM's he sent to 16 yr old male pages, Congressman Foley (R-Fl) and his staff responded with:
Foley's office acknowledges that Foley wrote the e-mails to the young man but says they were completely innocent and that Foley is at most guilty of being "too friendly and too engaging" with young people.

Now, two days later, when more IM conversations and emails surfaced with explicit references to sex, Foley has resigned and apologized saying,
"I am deeply sorry and I apologize for letting down my family and the people of Florida I have had the privilege to represent."

While that's all nice and fine, I wonder if he is going to the thousands or millions of gay people in Florida who have lived under the rule of Republican lawmakers making them feel like second class citizens, denying them the right to raise children and marry...something tells me the answer to that is no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home