Sunday, June 25, 2006

Cadet humor...even two years later...

This is completely ripped off my friend Adam's myspace blog. I thought it was hilarious...mainly because of the mix of cadet/military humor involved and how when Adam writes about Iraq it's so utterly different from when my friend Pat writes from Kuwait (Pat graduated from Annapolis, kind of like Britney Spear's Nanny...)

Anyway, here is a blog he wrote, a comment by a friend of his, and Adam's response:

Did you know the street underneath the archways of the famous giant crossing sabers in Baghdad is lined with Iranian helmets captured during the Iran-Iraq War? The street between the two arches is the parade line, passing in front of the reviewing stand made famous by the "Saddam waving a shotgun in victory" pictures plastered on the news no so long ago. All participants in a review parade would start off by walking on Iranian heads.

Did you know that the International Zone (aka IZ; Green Zone) houses two liquor stores? If you are a State Department employee, you can have yourself a good 'ole time!!!

Did you know the U.S. is building a five-hundred million dollar embassy in Baghdad? It will include housing, dining facilities, and some shops for all Americans assigned to the embassy, including the Marine battalion (500 soldiers) that will be garrisoned there.

Comment by his friend
Yes, my fine feathered friend, I knew about the helmet thing. And I gotta say, ruthless dictator or not, you gotta admire the guy. I mean, starting a parade by stomping on your fallen enemies' nuggets? That's my kinda show. I think I wouldn't have hated drill practice so much at West Point if we got to march on top of German helmets or Brit skulls. What the hell happened to the warrior spirit? Where are all of those rough men so everyone else can sleep peaceably at night?Right here, baby. Right here.


Adam's Response:

One of my squad leaders sleeps with a piece of bone from a person he shot under his pillow. It's just a small piece. A whole human head is really hard to fall asleep on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home