Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sat Night Outing...

Saturday was awesome...well, half of it was, the other half sucked.

We woke up and went to breakfast then we packed our rucks and went down to take a PT test (in BDU's) and then had an 8 mile ruckmarch. It really wasn't all that big a deal, the ruckmarch, other than if you've known me recently, anytime I carry weight and try to head downhill, my knee starts to feel a little like someone is taking a bat to it everytime I step down. I was making pretty good time and then we hit the hill...the downhill (uphill is fine) and when everyone took off running, I got about six steps and had to walk gingerly. At that point, I moved from being somewhere in the top ten to being somewhere near the bottom ten...what a bitch.

Anyway, after that we had a barbecue and I called my friend to see if he wanted to get some food and watch a movie or som'n. I hadn't ever hung out with this kid before even though we've known each other for some time (it' s odd when that happens...you realize that you and your friends haven't ever done anything outside of school). Anyway, he likes good music so driving was a pleasure as he has a slight case of music ADD and went from song to song and genre to genre the whole car ride.

Because people in NY and NJ have nothing better to do, they hang out in malls. I'm not talking like in California, where they shop a lot, no...they just loiter. It's disturbing and disgusting and I hate this part of the world because of it. Not just Jr. High kids either, this is families, dates, groups...I can only imagine how shitty life must be when the only thing you can think to do on a saturday night is go to a mall...so...we couldn't get seated at Dave and Busters, TGIF's, Chevy's or the Maccaronni Grill for over an hour and ate in the nasty nasty fast food court instead...ugh...disgusting.

We ended out seeing Annapolis which is truley horrendous. It's the worst of An Officer and a Gentleman mixed liberally with Rocky (but only the bad parts of both) and, to tie the story lines together there is a smattering of bad acting and every movie cliche you can imagine...and that doesn't even get into how apparent it was that the people who wrote the movie knew nothing about life at the academies than what they may have culled from a tour brochure or something similar.

Oh, and I should also mention that my friend humms and sings songs to himself about what is going on around him...such as "we're going past best buy...I really like best buy...best buy best buy best buy...gonna spend my gift certificate....at best buy..." That made me laugh a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home