Friday, July 29, 2011

I'm reading again, due to some down time. I thought I'd share with you all the awesomeness going on in the world, insofar as I've read:
  1. While some of our own citizens can't see the downright crazy that is some of the current GOP Senators, the Ambassador from Russia to NATO sat down with Senators Kyl and Kirk. His reaction? As quoted in Foreign Policy:
    "Today in the Senate, I met with Senators Jon Kyl and Mark Kirk. The meeting is very useful because it shows that the alternative to Barack Obama is a collapse of all the programs of cooperation with Russia," he said. "Today, I had the impression that I was transported in a time machine back several decades, and in front of me sat two monsters of the Cold War, who looked at me not through pupils, but targeting sights."

  2. What is the Grand Plan of some members of the Tea Party Freshmen currently holding the country hostage through their tenuous grip over just over 1/2 of 1/3 of government? Leave it to God! Here's Rep. Tim Scott on his plan to stave off economic meltdown:
    "Where’s the chapel?” Rep. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) asked as he emerged from an arm-twisting session with Majority Leader Eric Cantor Thursday night. The freshman lawmaker explained that he wanted to “go to the divine source.”
    In a room off the Capitol Rotunda, Scott joined a prayer session with fellow South Carolinian lawmakers. “I hope the Lord. . . gives men wisdom when they desperately need it,” Scott explained.

    As it happens, the Lord gave Scott the wisdom to oppose Boehner. “I think divine inspiration already happened,” Scott said. “I was a ‘lean no’ and now I’m a ‘no.’” And he’s not much worried about default, saying: “I hope the Lord blesses our nation in a way that is measurable.”



  3. World Net Daily, the least useful of all news-sources (and thus most quoted from current crazy congressmen and one particular Presidential hopeful), blames the fall of America on...it's founding fathers while comparing Obama to Hitler


  4. And last, Paul Krugman explainswhy centrism isn't always the answer (and why calling one a "centrist" despite shifting goalposts is probably an invalid title to begin with). It reminds me of a quote I've kept on my facebook wall for sometime:

    When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.~ Richard


And so, such is the nature of things. Crazies on foreign policy, crazies ignoring reality and just imploring their God to make all better and crazies writing newspapers just shilling more crazy because if you say it loud enough and it echoes long enough, people will believe to forget the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home