Friday, March 04, 2011

protect marriage..so I can have three of them!

I'm not usually one to comment on the morality, or lack thereof, of politicians or anyone else--mainly because I don't care. However, when someone spends $200,000 of his own money to help oust the judges in Iowa who brought equality to the state in the name of "protecting marriage" I think it's worthwhile to note that said politician is on his third marriage, after leaving his first wife (with cancer) for his second, whom he later left for a campaign staffer whom he met while impeaching President Clinton for having sex with Monica Lewinsky.

Why is it worth mentioning? Because hypocrisy disgusts me, and it's clear that these people's beliefs have nothing to do with morality and everything to do with visceral disgust for people (gay and lesbian people).

The best part is, he's a new Catholic, so this third marriage is "real" the first two never really happened, and yet, he still feels the need to legislate for others whom they can and cannot marry in civil weddings, which he religiously doesn't recognize to begin with. It would be like me trying to set the rules for what Catholics do or do not do in Church when I don't believe in the Catholic God--but the opposite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home