Monday, November 22, 2010

MORE nostalgia...

My mom moved in recently and we have to open all her boxes because the army won't move anything that's already packed. If you know me, you know I've already got a large nostalgic streak. So, unpacking all these boxes has been fun for my mom and I. There are all kinds of things we've found, a short list of which is below. We'll continue to unpack, while drinking screw-drivers, but I thought I'd share a list of some of the cool things we've found so far:
  1. A dot-matrix birthday card from Jeffrey Zito to me. He was my best friend in first grade. The card is an 8.5x11 sheet of pre-perforated dot-matrix
  2. Photos of my sisters when my sister was my niece's age.
  3. My "Golden State Exam" scholar certificate.
  4. My Junior High yearbook.
  5. Freshman high school ID card.
  6. A newspaper from the month I joined the Army. Front page, above the fold: Survey of Troops Finds Antigay Bias Common in Service
  7. An 8x10 of my Grandpa, Jack, in his Navy uniform
  8. A newspaper clipping of my Grandpa, Frank, getting his dog blessed by the old Monsignor of the parish my whole family went to on Saint Francis of Assissi's celebration
I will try to add photos as I scan them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home