Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I thought we'd be done with her, or, at least, be able to ignore her, but alas...NO.

She has now admitted to "considering" a run for President. Is there anyone who doesn't think she will? That being said, a quote from her upcoming profile demonstrating not only her lack of a grasp on facts, but on simple definition:
I’m on television nearly every single day with reporters … Now granted, that’s mainly through my job at Fox News, and I’m very proud to be associated with them, but I’m not avoiding anything or anybody. I’m on Facebook and Twitter. I’m out there. I want to talk about my record, though.”

You see, the difference between being "out there" and being a pundit on Fox news as well as posting on twitter and facebook is that none of the above (and yes, that includes Fox news) requires one to face a hostile audience or answer questions that are other than leading or softball.

By avoiding actual media scrutiny, a tactic she advised Sharon Angle and Christine O'Donnell to follow, she enables herself to not only present her best side, but simply avoid all issues that she either does not know about (foreign policy) or is obviously lying about (remember her bridge to nowhere support/lack of support). If there is no one to ask the "tough questions" damn near anyone can seem electable. Why? Because you're a living info-mercial. The Ronco Food Dehydrator seemed AMAZING on TV too...but it wasn't running for President.

I have a facebook and a blog (twitter seems silly). When I post, people write comments and, assuming I notice them, I write back. It's generally civil debate and people agree or disagree. You'll find that on her facebook, where Palin is "out there", there isn't even debate...there is just...her, yelling into the echo chamber. See here for an example. I'm not running for President and I'm pretty sure you all know more about me and what I believe or think, what I've thought over the years, and when I've made mistakes than we do about this woman. She's the Miss America of politicians...a human twinkie...vacuous and without substance, but difficult to resist if you're looking not sustenance, but entertainment and comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home