Wednesday, October 13, 2010

bizare

A possible future US Senator who says we should eliminate the minimum wage to make it easier for youth to get jobs is quoted as saying,
I made my money the old-fashioned way, I inherited it...I think that's a great thing to do. I hope more people in this country have that opportunity as soon as we abolish inheritance tax in this country, which is a key part of my program."

You know just another "real American", "Average Joe" running for office on a platform of improving the lives of ordinary Americans by repealing minimum wage laws, lowering taxes on dead rich people, and otherwise improving the lives of all of us by disuading people from attaining a "liberal education".

Seriously...when did we take this turn for bizarro America, and where was I when it happened??

2 Comments:

Blogger -GRC said...

Hi, I'm a 97 grad and I ran across your blog a few weeks ago. I relate to a lot of what you've said--I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blogroll.

Yes, the past couple of years have been definitely been Bizarroworld.
--Giselle

4:49 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Giselle,
Not at all! Always glad to meet a fellow grad. It's the opposite surprise from Sat night, when I met a table full of USAFA grads while watching USAFA/SDSU football. All I can say about that is, at least the same officials who robbed Army of a win did the same to USNA...so I guess it all evened out!

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home