Monday, March 09, 2009

well done, be thou at peace...


I don't know how to eulogize someone I was not friends with, but who still made an impact on me. What do you say about someone you admired, but did not know--someone whose example was enough to make you want to be a better person. Dan was that kind of guy...the kind of guy who, when people spoke behind his back, they said things like "he deserves more" or "he's really one of the best guys I've ever known". It was praise given in private because Dan was the kind of guy who didn't need praise.




This is a picture from graduation, a happy but bittersweet day, when you had to say goodbye to those you'd gone through so much with knowing you might not see some again. That's Dan, in front. Always in front...he was a leader.


I don't know what else to say...anyone, literally anyone, who knew him will tell you, we have lost someone great. Someone who the world is a lesser place without. All I can say, as we do everytime we lose a classmate, is what I hope someday I will have earned hearing said about myself--

Well Done Dan, Be Thou at Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home