Saturday, November 15, 2008

things about Kuwait.

Things I've noticed about Camp Buehring, Kuwait:
  1. It's actually really clean. There isn't a lot of trash, the tents we moved into with unfinished plywood floors didn't have any stains and there are hand wash stations near every bathroom and before you eat...nice. I haven't even gotten sick yet, which is strange for new military places.
  2. The Starbucks tastes the same as home.

That's about it for now. I've read East of Eden and A Separate Peace again. Two books which take me back to other people and other places, and both of which deal with War as an ancillary event to life. Something which, I think, is prescient considering the world today for most people. I hadn't intended that when I picked them, I just think they're amazing books. If anyone else has suggestions, let me know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

The Land Remembers, if you haven't read it yet.

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seven Pillars of Wisdom, T. E. Lawrence

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home