Tuesday, November 25, 2008

strange...

I was thinking today about how some things, regardless of how unnatural they may be to human nature, become normal in a short period of time. For example, the first thing I do when I wake up now is grab my weapon. If I wake up at three in the morning to go pee, I don't look immediately for my shoes, but for my weapon. Strange, no?

Also, the first time I was given ammunition that was intended for use on other people was a strange moment. It doesn't matter that if I were to fire my weapon as a Second Lietuenant MI officer, something has gone incredibly wrong. But, to put the rounds into a magazine with the intent that, were it to be necessary, I would shoot them at someone...that was strange. You notice suddenly how sharp the rounds are, and they leave a residue on your fingers that I had not noticed before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home