Monday, October 09, 2006

un pájaro en la mano...

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I had to illustrate that in my Spanish class in high school and the saying has stuck in my head ever since. I think it’s true, to some extent. In fact, it’s really a reality I have dealt with often. I am dealing with it now, to be honest. But, the fact of the matter is, the bird in the bush isn’t real at all, but an ideal. And I…because it’s what I do…I’m comparing the reality I live to the ideal I want, and the reality always comes up short.

But, is it fair to accept a reality if your heart is set on the ideal? And if the reality and the ideal are real people, are the mathematics different? In either case…sometimes, you just have to jump. Right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Absolutely right. (I declare as if I knew what you were talking about.)

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home