Sunday, October 08, 2006

8 Hrs.

Yesterday was the VMI/Army football game. I don't think the score really mattered since we were so poorly matched, but I guess it looked good for us to play another Academy.

After the game, I went with some friends to a series of tailgates; Knights of Columbus, H-4 Hogroast, KARS (the Korean American club). the Knights had free Yuengling and hamburgers which I ate with Troy, Koz, Pat, Doobs and others. That was a good time and we all talked about the Church. I think there's a negative correlation between how much one talks about Church at a Knights of Columbus meeting and how much one attends Church. My friends talked about Church a lot.

We changed out of our uniforms and headed into town. I picked up Natalie along the way and stopped at COL Arata's house as he is retired, but was visiting for his twentieth reunion. He taught me History plebe year. We all laughed and joked and had some more beers, then we all piled into a truck to the Hog Roast. The Hog Roast had five kegs, one floated, two half-done and two un-tapped. A travesty really. There was also a table of hard liquor. We (Nat, Pat and I) attacked the keg and talked for a good hour or so before moving on to the KARS party.

KARS...who'd have thought Koreans could party like they did. Great food, loads of beer and liquor and some of the coolest officers I've ever met. It was held in the front of the single soldiers barracks so all the single officers on post were there. We get along well, me and single officers, as they have similar concerns as myself (ie. I don't really give a shit if there's a swimming pool for my kids if there's nowhere for me to hang out on a Sat. night). We stayed and I talked to a JAG lawyer for a long time. We had cigars and hookas and Korean food and pizza and Pat Nat and I stayed until the end, cleaned up and walked back to the barracks.

8 Hours of drinking and I just woke up now, at 4PM. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home