Saturday, July 01, 2006

Six Feet Under...

I just finished Season 1. The final sceene (I can say this because it was four years ago and I'm sure anyone who wants to see it has) is the family, about six months after the dad died. He's looking at them all in a baptism party and he smiles as he sees his daughter and her boyfriend, his son holding a baby, his wife and his son's girlfriend talking; he smiles and walks away.

It's so wierdly like my life and what I think about. Like how, since my dad died, Lucia's been married, Kristie is getting re-married and the house looks amazing...not to mention I'm doing reasonably well myself.

It's strange how I can really...appreciate what I have. When I'm with my mom or sisters, I the love we share is somehow different now, somehow stronger and sweeter than it was. What's so sad about it is, it's something we wouldn't have if my father hadn't died...but, like in the show, I really do think he's happy for all of us...but you can't help but wish he were here to share it too.

Man...this show is amazing. If you haven't seen it, go out and rent it, because it's one of the best shows I've seen. Sure, it occassionally resorts to cliches and some poor turns of plot, but still...it's the best reflection on death (and conversely life) that I've seen. It sometimes feels as I watch it that someone took my brain, split it into four parts and embodied each part in a character on the show. Not to mention it also feels like it was written about our family...even though it came on three years before dad died.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home