Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I Just Don't Get It...

I'm so pissed I can't nap right now...so I figured I'd type some of it out to vent.

I got the worst grade I've gotten on a paper today. It's not a "low" grade, but considering I do one thing in school well, that being write, it pisses me off that a class that doesn't really matter is going to say I can't write. More importantly, the class is completely graded upon if I can say what the teacher wants to hear instead of what I know. Half of the time, I try and figure out what he is looking for when the answers are clear to everyone...not to mention, learning "leadership" from a book is utter nonsense anyway. That being said, my teacher spent today telling me that I "had very low neuroticism" and needed to "contribute to the dialogue". Here is the list of comments on my paper:
  • "Ambition is not a trait natural to me." his comment-I disagree! (let's keep in mind...I submitted this paper after three weeks of class...which means I had seen him for seven hours of my life. I'm pretty sure you will all vouch that I have very little, if any, ambition. Sure, I want to change the world, but I want to do so while wearing flip flops and never working.)
  • "I took time to explain to him that I, as a Cadre member and Cadet Sergeant, still had doubts as to if the military was my "calling," but that I was comfortable enough to know that it was something I could, with effort, dedicate myself to." his comment- Re-look.
  • "Since plebe year, I have, according to the personality survey, grown less ambitious and self-disciplined." his comment-Relook this argument
  • "Since childhood, mediocrity was good enough for me." his comment-How can this be true?
  • "According to the PL300 workbook, experience, new knowledge, reflection and time are all necessities to improving ones leadership capabilities." (I should note that this was followed by two paragraphs about what new experience in particular I needed to improve) his comment-What experiences?
  • two paragraphs were circled with "Good!"

This was all followed with the comment, "Great Reflections. C+"

Seriously, what the fuck? How can you say "write a paper about how your weak and how to improve" and then say you "disagree" with my self-evaluated weakness? Am I supposed to assume that we're all ambitious because we're cadets? That's bullshit. Cadets are the laziest and most apathetic people I've met. Whatever. Me and my "low neuroticism" self are going to nap...

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I was wondering why you were so pissed during class. Now it all makes sense.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home