Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Sen Hendon on Civil Unions

This guy is great. He, finally, just says straight up what no one else seems to be saying. It's about fairness, and those against it are either hypocritical or bigoted. My poor transcription as I listen:
The hypocracy dripping in this chamber right now...we know what you do at night!..it's not about pensions, you just don't like certain folk!...I'm a Baptist, saved and sanctified, dipped in the Holy Water when I was 12 yrs old. I'm gonna go to Heaven, but I'm gonna vote for this bill! It ain't gonna send me to hell and it ain't gonna send you to hell either...God didn't send lightning down to destroy [other states with gay marriage] and he ain't gonna do it to Illinois!...I respect those who not gonna say anything more than those who are gonna get up and try to make this about something else. We should pass this bill and get it over with. It's not gonna destroy America. It's not gonna destroy this State. It's just fairness y'all...just fairness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home