Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Zero Chance...

Barney Frank comes out and says what should have been said long ago. While those of us who are upset with the leadership the Democrats have shown on the issue of equality while holding control of the House/Senate/WH, anyone who thought "sending a message" and electing Republicans and Tea Partiers would somehow help are grossly mistaken. There is one party which pays lip service to equality and has some members who were stanch advocates, there is another that blocks any attempt at equality at every turn. The latter is now in charge of the House and it will be another two years before any meaningful pro-equality legislation will be passed. Luckily, enough Democrats kept their seats that Republican efforts to roll back the clock will be stopped.

I apologize for the all-too-frequent posting, but it's been a while since I've been as worked up and interested as I am now. But I guess I shouldn't apologize as a blog requires someone to come to it to read it, so if you're reading this, it's by choice, not like I'm yelling these things amongst a crowd who have no choice but to listen...right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home