Thursday, November 04, 2010

Pelosi

I like Pelosi. Sure, she has a blinking issue and her smile is awkward, but damned if there hasn't been as effective a Speaker as she's been. With all the talk of "Mama Grizzlies" out there, she is the antithesis. Give me Pelosi or Clinton any day over the Palins, Fiorinas and O'Donnells (who the electorate have been smart enough to avoid thus far). I think GOV Haley might be as smart as these, but the GOV race down there hasn't been high on my radar so I'll have to look into it.

My point is simply, I will miss the Pelosi era in the House, and she will be remembered as one of, if not THE, most effective House Speakers were ever had. Boehner would do well to learn from her if he intends on accomplishing anything under his short tenure--I give it four years, tops, but possibly only two.

A good article here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home